Scroll down for more details and driving
Beware! Google Maps and other mobile apps may, or may not show these roads.
The road from
Clendenin to Glen and to the top of the hill where you cross Dutch Ridge
Road (at the "See Map 2" marker on the map below) is good road.
1. Take I-79 north from Charleston to the Clendenin exit.
2. Take U.S. route 119 south into Clendenin.
3. In Clendenin, turn left onto Elk River Road (WV Rt 4).
4. Go east on Elk River Rd. (about 4 miles) to the Queen Shoals Bridge. Turn right and go across the bridge. (2012 note: The sign may be missing. Watch for the bridge, and cross it!)
5. Go south on this road (Rt 1) past the Glen Post Office/General
Store (it's about 10 miles, so don't get worried too early!)
At the bridge
At the start of the dirt road
You may also see this sign
(Sign may be missing!) off Dutch Ridge at the top of the hill
... ..... .....